Home Editorial Kuchlak explosion

Kuchlak explosion

4732
0

Bomb blast has taken place inside a mosque in Kuchlak village near Quetta. It occurred at a time when negotiations between the Afghan Taliban and the US are apparently meeting with success. Pakistan has been giving strong assistance to the Trump administration to reach an agreement with the Afghan Taliban over the withdrawal of the rest 14,000 US troops from Afghanistan. The Afghan Taliban have accepted to ensure peace in Afghanistan after the US troop withdrawal. In few months, several bomb blasts have taken place inside or near a mosque earlier, on the course of or instantly after the Friday prayers in Quetta and other places of Balochistan. On May 23, a bomb blast had taken place in Pashtoonabad locality of Quetta earlier Friday prayers. Numerous people had been killed in the blast. The targeted mosque on Aug 16 is many miles away from Quetta. The authorities may not have been anticipating terrorists targeting a village mosque. There is, however, greater need to strengthen at mosques, particularly those administered by high- representative people. The blast has occurred at a worst time when tension is constantly stockpiling up on Pakistan’s eastern border.
A day after a prayer leader was killed in Kuchlak; another imam was gunned down in the same area on the vicinity of the provincial capital on Saturday. Hafiz Hamdullah, the imam who was killed on Friday just before the weekly prayers in a bomb blast at his Al-Haj mosque, was said to be a brother of Afghan Taliban chief Haibatullah Akhun­dzada. A sum of four people was killed in the explosion. Police stated on Saturday that Muhammad Azam, who was the imam of Usman bin Afaan mosque of Kuchlak, was killed in what seemed like a targeted attack. The prayer leader was sitting in a shop in Kuchlak town when some men opened fire on him, before fleeing from the crime scene on their motorbike. Maulvi Azam received several bullet injuries and suffered to his wounds on the place. The man was an Afghan citizen and had been the prayer leader of the Usman bin Afaan mosque for several years. Police stated that investigations were in progress in the case. No group or individual had claimed responsibility for the killing. The Afghan Taliban claimed the killing of their chief’s brother in an explosion on Friday would not prevent talks with the United States directed at securing the withdrawal of US troops after 18 years of war. There was no claim of responsibility for the bomb blast that came after both the Taliban and US officials reported achievements in talks on an agreement focused on a US troop withdrawal from Afghanistan in exchange for a Taliban security guarantee. The militants have been fighting to evict foreign forces and set up an Islamic state since they were ousted in October 2001, weeks after the September 11 attacks on the US. Both US negotiators and the Taliban have reported advancement after eight series of talks since late last year.US President Donald Trump has been frank of his desire for a US pullout from Afghanistan and a finish to America’s lengthy war. Superior US national security advisers reported Trump on Friday on the negotiations. Under the anticipated deal, the Taliban, in exchange for a US engagement on a withdrawal, would guarantee Afghanistan would not be a safe haven for militants to enlarge and design new attacks, both sides have said. The Taliban are also foreseen to make a guarantee to open power-sharing talks with the US- supported government and agree to a ceasefire. A second Taliban official, addressing from Doha, where the Taliban have a political office and where the talks have been held, said preparations were being made for a substantial final round. The Taliban were advising ceasefire in places from which US forces withdraw. About 14,000 US troops remain in Afghanistan, training and advising Afghan security forces and conducting counterinsurgency operations. The war has ground into a deadlock with casualties expanding among civilians as well as fighters. US is eager to end its interference in Afghanistan, where it has spent more than $1 trillion and Trump has stated since the imitation of his presidency that he wants troops away
Whereas violence against the Shia Hazara has calm down from where it was years ago, when members of the community were massacred, the Hazara still do not have complete freedom of movement and security of life even in the provincial capital Quetta. In other places the secessionist Baloch insurgency is in a low stage, but the militants remain active. It is hard to say who was responsible for the two attacks on Friday and Saturday in Kuchlak, located on the outskirts of Quetta. Both attacks claimed the lives of prayer leaders. In Friday’s attack that targeted a mosque, at least four people lost their lives. In the meantime both attacks must be strongly criticized; they do raise a number of questions. Afghan war may well be varying as the Americans try to count the Taliban, Pakistan, for its own security, must observe that no foreign militant outfits are using its soil as a shelter. If investigations disclose that foreign intelligence was behind the Kuchlak attacks, then the state must explain how unfriendly forces were able to carry out an act of terrorism with ease on Pakistani soil. Balochistan, as observed is inclined to instability, which is the reason that the security establishment must see that no unfriendly forces are able to take advantage exposed areas. Whether it is foreign militants finding refuge in remote areas, the state and the security establishment must maintain extra watch to prevent militants from using this country as a base against others, and to ensure internal security. There is lot of tensions considering on the eastern border; there is no justification for security failures that can lead to loss of life in the country.