KARACHI: The Commissioner Karachi has issued 11-point SOPs for shopping malls, here Tuesday through an administrative order, which says: In pursuance of order dated 18.05.2020 passed by the Honourable Supreme Court of Pakistan in Suo-moto Case No. CMA 01/2020, the following SOPs and guidelines as mentioned to be implemented by the management of shopping malls/centers during the working hours as prescribed by the Home Department, Government Sindh in its order bearing No. SO(J-I)HD/8-1(04)/2020-Corona/SOPs-Shops dated 10.05.2020:
(1) No customer shall be allowed to enter the shopping malls without the face mask;
(2) Availability of hand sanitizer for customers shall be ensured at the entry points of shopping malls;
(3) No customer shall be allowed to enter the shopping malls without being scanned with thermal guns;
(4) Persons with the flu like symptoms, high temperature, and dry cough shall not be allowed to enter in the shopping malls;
(5) The management of shopping malls shall reduce 1/3rd of footfall capacity in their shopping malls;
(6) The footfall shall be digitalized to monitor the social distancing of at least 03 feet amongst the customers;
(7) The management shall use signage throughout the premise to ensure social distancing for customers and employees;
(8) Display instructions and awareness posters with pictorial images for workers, staff and customers at prominent places;
(9) Persons of over 55 years and children below 12 years age shall not be allowed to enter in shopping malls;
(10) Entry & Exit points in shopping malls shall be prominently marked, displayed and strictly monitored; and
(11) The shopping malls shall be frequently cleaned with disinfectant.
All the Deputy Commissioners of Karachi Division are directed to monitor the observance of SOPs in shopping malls and take action in accordance with law and implement the directives of the Honourable Supreme Court of Pakistan.